Monday, September 18, 2017

TOP TEN TUESDAY | Books At The Top of My List This Fall

Top Ten Tuesday is a weekly meme for bloggers who like books and lists. It's awesome and is graciously hosted by The Broke and the Bookish.  

This week's topic is straightforward - Top Ten Books on the Fall TBR.  This type of topic is usually focused on books that are being released but my list will mostly just be books that are at the top of my list to be read in the next 3 months. I did try and throw in some up-and-comers that I am particularly excited about!  It's always fun for me to look back on these well-intentioned "this is what I'll be reading" posts and see how I so totally did NOT follow the list!  Doesn't stop me from makin' 'em.  On with the show!

**********
1) The Empty Grave (Lockwood and Co. #5) by Jonathan Stroud

I'm reading book 3 of this series right now. It's about teenaged ghost hunters in England and book 3 is the best in the series so far.  I've already checked out book 4 from the library and I know I'll want to immediately jump into this book which finishes the series.

2) All Systems Red (The Murderbot Diaries #1) by Martha Wells

I am distressingly far behind on my reading goal for the year and I need some shorter, fast moving fiction to help move things along.  I am dying to read this novella and it seems to fit the bill.  Bonus: Murderbots!


3) Penric and Desdemona Series by Lois McMaster Bujold


See above my desire for some shorter fiction, and I've been meaning to read this series of 5 fantasy novella's set in Bujold's World of the Five Gods since the first one, pictured above, was released.  


4) Miss Kopp's Midnight Confessions (Kopp Sisters #3) by Amy Stewart

I completely adore, with all my heart and soul, this lovely historical crime series.  This third installment just came out earlier in September and no way am I leaving it for several months like I did book 2.  I mean, why would I want to postpone the impatient longing for book 4?


5) Akata Warrior (Akata Witch #2) by Nnedi Okorafor


I can't wait to catch up with Sunny and the Leopard Society.  It has felt like a long wait!  This is Okorafor's YA series about a teenaged Nigerian witch.  It's out on October 3rd. 


6) City of Lies (Counterfeit Lady #1) by Victoria Thompson

I'm a fan of Thompson's Gaslight mystery series that features a turn-of-the-20th-century midwife in New York so I'm excited to see her starting a new series with a very interesting sounding female protagonist! It's out on November 7th. 


7) Stiletto (The Checquy Files #2) by Daniel O'Malley

I am truly disappointed and dismayed with myself by my lack of promptness in reading this follow-up to The Rook.  I'm gonna fix this, this Fall. 


8) Ghostly Echoes (Jackaby #3) by William Ritter

Samesies as the above.  I love this YA fantasy series so not sure why I am two books behind!


9) The Gray Wolf Throne (Seven Realms #3) by Cinda Williams Chima

Like with the Lockwood and Co. series above, I am currently obsessed with this YA fantasy series so there's not a power in the 'verse that will prevent me from picking up book 3 in the near future. 


10) Hallowe'en Party (Hercule Poirot #36) by Agatha Christie

It's one of Dame Agatha's books that I haven't read and tis the season!

************
That's my list of Autumn reading list sorted.  How about you?  What are you most excited about diving into this Fall?

No comments:

Post a Comment